Radial Building, opened in 1820 at a cost of £16000, was known as the Asylum and admitted its first patient on 25th October of that year. Large images can be viewed on the website located here: http://slhphotos.atspace.com/index.html
Foster block corridor with numerous entrances on the left leading into Foster Hall. At the end of this corridor, the entrances to Kensey, Tamar, Fal and Valency Wards. The pharmacy was located further down on the right next to the cigarette machine. Images on these pages can be viewed larger on the website relocated here: http://slhphotos.atspace.com/index.html
Another view of Foster corridor containing entrances to the staff dining room and hospital kitchens. In the foreground and to the left, fire panels, where nurses on fire duty gathered after the fire alarm sounded.